Intermediate B/K

Monday, February 21, 2005

Computer class Tuesday morning

You have two jobs to do for homework. Please do this by Wednesday. Remember you can use the computer lab in building 182 from 10.30 - 12.30 every day.

1. Open Internet Explorer. Go into your own blog through www.blogger.com
Write down the URL of your news article so other students can go there.
Write down the headline you chose from the news. Explain why you thought this was
an interesting/sad/surprising site.

My example.
Headline: Tickets from traffic police treble
I found this item of news surprising. I didn't realise how many speeding tickets were given out every year! I'm also disappointed that Waitakere city (where I live) gets among the most tickets in Auckland! I've never actually got a ticket myself from a police officer, but once I was caught by a speed camera and had to pay a fine of $60.

2. Have a look at someone else's blog with the news site. Read their posting and go to their news article. Do you agree that it is surprising/sad/interesting? Write a comment on their blog. You can write to more than one person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home